July 12, 2024

Jonny unavailable for Wolves after training ground incident, confirms Gary O’Neil

Jonny Castro Otto is indefinitely unavailable for Wolves after a training ground incident, confirms manager Gary O’Neil.

The 29-year-old defender has only made one Premier League appearance this season and, although he ha been on the bench for a string of matches, was not in the squad as Wolves were beaten by Arsenal on Saturday.

Speaking of Jonny’s absence over the weekend and whether he would be back for the home game against Burnley on Tuesday, O’Neil revealed that a ‘training ground incident’ will leave him out of contention for some time.

Fulham FC v Wolverhampton Wanderers - Premier League

‘Jonny won’t be in the squad tomorrow, there was a training ground incident last week that’s being dealt with by the club,’ O’Neil told a press conference on Monday.

‘If or when he’s back available we’ll let everybody know, but at this moment in time he won’t be available for the coming games.’

On what happened to see Jonny ruled out of contention, O’Neil said: ‘I’d rather not go into details in public, things happen at training grounds a lot and the club are dealing with it’

Goalkeeper Jose Sa missed the defeat at Arsenal but is likely to return against the Clarets, with O’Neil saying: ‘He’s done some training today [Monday] so there’ll be a last few checks for him tomorrow, but he felt fine this morning, We’re hopeful that Jose will be fine.’

However, Pedro Neto and Rayan Ait-Nouri remain out of contention for the meeting with Burnley at Molineux.

‘Doing well,’ O’Neil said of Ait-Nouri. ‘I think tomorrow will be too early but hope to have him available at the weekend.’

On Neto he added: ‘Still working his way up to speed, not with us just yet but he’s getting closer. He’s excited, got a bounce in his step and a smile on his face around the training ground.’

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *